John Horse’s men had only single load rifles, mostly of vintage type, and when they had discharged their first volley it failed to turn the Indians who just kept coming at them. As the men scrambled to reload their weapons, John Horse stepped out in front of his men and levelled his own empty weapon at the oncoming chief, taking deliberate and careful aim.
He had always been a crack shot and the Indians knew it. When the chief saw John’s rifle directed straight at him he lost his nerve and swerved his horse, all those behind following him, thus breaking the charge and giving John Horse’s men and boys time to complete their reload.
- Kaishakunin posted on October 29, 2016
- Francine Gottfried posted on January 13, 2017
- Freight Train Riders of America posted on July 4, 2017
- Vorarephilia posted on January 29, 2017
- United States v. Forty Barrels & Twenty Kegs of Coca-Cola posted on November 12, 2016
- Pankration posted on November 28, 2016
- Schmidt Sting Pain Index posted on April 12, 2017
- Gay Bomb posted on August 24, 2017
- Noël Godin posted on November 7, 2016
- Tarrare posted on October 7, 2016