Klephts were highwaymen turned self-appointed armatoloi, anti-Ottoman insurgents, and warlike mountain-folk who lived in the countryside when Greece was a part of the Ottoman Empire.
They were the descendants of Greeks who retreated into the mountains during the 15th century in order to avoid Ottoman rule. They carried on a continuous war against Ottoman rule and remained active as brigands until the 19th century.
- Kaishakunin posted on October 29, 2016
- Francine Gottfried posted on January 13, 2017
- Freight Train Riders of America posted on July 4, 2017
- Vorarephilia posted on January 29, 2017
- United States v. Forty Barrels & Twenty Kegs of Coca-Cola posted on November 12, 2016
- Pankration posted on November 28, 2016
- Schmidt Sting Pain Index posted on April 12, 2017
- Gay Bomb posted on August 24, 2017
- Noël Godin posted on November 7, 2016
- Tarrare posted on October 7, 2016